You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Quilties’ category.
Actually the theme was Christmas but, well, we are coming into Winter so this is my offering :
The “snowflake” I cut from a vintage cloth – table setting I think. The ground is calico onto which I layered pieces of organza and netting, placing the snowflake on top, then stitching the whole. I really liked the result 🙂
The theme this month was “Africa” – very broad, so much choice for this procrastinator. This is my offering. The cotton is hand painted using wax resist and layering which I then hand stitched.
The monthly quilties continue on Unlimited Textiles. This month’s theme being ‘Abstract’; this is my offering:
I have been absent and for that I apologise. I am totally consumed by my Land of Dreaming project and reacquainting myself with the mythologies and Goddesses of my homeland – I am engrossed and loving it .
This month’s theme is Winter – no suprises there. I decided on a Solstice-type interpretation. Many layered white fabrics, stitching with dashes of silver here and there.
This month’s theme was Autumn or Halloween – I went with Autumn:
The background fabric is heavily machined calico in various reds, onto which I stitched into place a square of woven fabrics, the colours of which I felt are autumnal – I then hand stitched over this square. I wove a variegated dyed wool around the edge of the square and finished it off by couching the leaf shape in a thin velveteen ribbon. I am happy with the result, hope the recipient is :).
This month’s theme was no theme so I decided to do another stitched doodle. I am beginning to get my head around the concept of these and that traditional quilting per se is not necessary. I am pleased with the result and hope the recipient likes it. I do seem to have a lot of recurring shapes and symbols in my work!
This month’s theme was slash n’ burn. Now I would assume that there is a particular technique to this but I am ignorant of it so what I did was to make a piece, using the journal techniques in the sectionals then slashed ’em and burned some of the threads and fabric and quite a bit more actually – I used a heat gun, not a craft one and mistakenly put it on the highest setting so a lot more got burned than I intended, plus I set off the smoke alarms which I couldn’t switch off because of the probs with my arms lol – so all in all quite an adventure. Some of us should not be left on our own too long ;). Anyhow, once I had gathered all the bits up I stitched them together again with different placement. This would be the result: