This month’s theme was slash n’ burn.  Now I would assume that there is a particular technique to this but I am ignorant of it so what I did was to make a piece, using the journal techniques in the sectionals then slashed ’em and burned some of the threads and fabric and quite a bit more actually – I used a heat gun, not a craft one and mistakenly put it on the highest setting so a lot more got burned than I intended, plus I set off the smoke alarms which I couldn’t switch off because of the probs with my arms lol – so all in all quite an adventure.  Some of us should not be left on our own too long ;).   Anyhow, once I had gathered all the bits up I stitched them together again with different placement.    This would be the result:

Advertisements